     From: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
     [mailto:owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com] On Behalf Of Florian Lohoff
     Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 8:43 AM
     To: Robert Rusek
     Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
     Subject: Re: Indy SCSI Errors

     On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 10:23:18AM -0700, Robert Rusek wrote:
     > I am currently running kernel 2.4.17 and am getting
     sparatice errors
     > like the following.  I seen that there had been bugs in the scsi
     > driver in the earlier kernel versions.  Has anyone
     encountered this?
     > Is there a newer kernal that maybe addresses this?
     >
     > EXT2-fs error (device sd(8,1)): ext2_check_page: bad entry in
     > directory
     > #110030: unaligned
     >  directory entry - offset=0, inode=6226015, rec_len=95,
     name_len=95

     The SCSI errors we had on the Indy and Indigo2 happened
     with multiple disks, disconnects and were pure "read"
     errors. Filesystem corruption was quite rare. Mostly we
     had file data corruption on copy. The bug is fixed for at
     least half a year now.

     Do you see any other errors than that ? SCSI errors ?

     Flo
     --
     Florian Lohoff                  flo@rfc822.org
     +49-5201-669912