Re: zsh on console

> When I run zsh on the console (serial interface) the process hangs. I can
> login with /bin/bash, but when I start /bin/zsh it waits forever. I can
> interrupt the process and regain control.
>
> It's only related to the console. If I login with telnet it works just
> fine.
>
> Any idea, what could be wrong?

I don't know what it would be specifically, but having
dealt with similar problems on other Unix systems,
it's proably the case that zsh uses a particular tty
mode that isn't correctly supported by the serial
console driver, either due to a bug in the driver or
due to a conflict with some other feature enabled
on the console port.  The next step to take would
be to run "stty -all" under /bin/bash and under
/bin/zsh on a telnet session, and compare the
outputs.