ps2 keyboard -- no key down events

I'm working on this mips board with a smsc 90e66 south bridge and
fdc37m812 super io.  I'm using the standard pc_keyb.c driver.  I only
see keyboard interrupts and KBD_STAT_OBF set in response to "key up"
events.  I never see them in response to "key down" events.  Thus, the
shell running on the vga console never gets my input (since it is the
"key down" events that pass the character typed to the shell).

At this point, I'm thinking that the standard driver needs some mods
to work with the super io's ps2 controller.  The smsc doc only covers
programming the plug and play registers and doesn't give any info about
programming the ps2 controller.

I've looked around the web, but haven't found anything useful.

Can anyone point me towards some resources that might help out?

--
Michael Pruznick, michael_pruznick@mvista.com, www.mvista.com
MontaVista Software, 1237 East Arques Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94085