Re: Re: PCI VGA Card Initilization (SIS6326 / PT80)

Zhang Fuxin (fxzhang@ict.ac.cn) writes:

> We have tried several cards on Algor P6032 board,but only matrox
> Gxxx cards (G450 needs the latest code) can be used by linux kernel
> without vga bios executed. With a x86 emulator we are able to use
> Riva TNT2,and probably more can work. Unfortunately that emulator is
> an executable from Algor, as a kindly help. We can't get more
> control on it and finally give up...

Just a note: Zhang, if you want source code of the Algorithmics
simulator, we've no problem at all supplying it on our standard
license.

Whether that source is useful to you is another question: the BIOS
emulator was created out of pieces of a complete x86 emulator, and
it's a fairly complicated bit of software.

One of my colleagues saw Zhang's request and said he'd consult, and
then the message got lost - sorry.

Our standard license is not GPL and it does have one restriction - if
you build our software into something you sell, we ask you to get a
further license from us before you take the money from your customers.

We can be persuaded to put software out on GPL instead (as we did with
the floating-point emulation code).  But generally some commercial
organisation - the difference only matters then, right? - has to ask
nicely...

--
Dominic Sweetman
Algorithmics Ltd