Re: PCI VGA Card Initilization (SIS6326 / PT80)

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002, Girish Gulawani wrote:
> > > i have a PCI/VGA card PT80 with SIS6326 chipset. i am using MILO BIOS
> source
> > > code. but i am not able to access the internal buffer which is typically
> at
> > > 0xA0000. even the BIOS ROM (0xC0000) read fails to show default value
> > > 0xA5A5. the expansion ROM is enabled in PCI by setting D0 bit to 1.
> however
> > > IO seems okay because the monitor actually switches from power down mode
> > > normal mode. i have tried using both vgaraw1.c and vgaraw2.c files, but
> no
> > > success. could anybody help me to solve this problem.
> > > many thanks.
> >
> > Are you using isa_readb() and friends to access ISA memory space?
> > Did you set up isa_slot_offset correctly with the start address of ISA
> memory
> > space on your MIPS box?
> no i am not using isa_readb() etc. infact i am accessing this area 0xA_0000
> as Memory/IO in memory mode. i have seen the pci bus transactions, its
> generating memory read and memory write commands. but due to some reason
> that is still *unknown* to me generates master abort. i always get master
> received master abort. could you tell me what could be the reason?

Plain memory I/O can work, but is not portable.  You should use isa_readb() and
friends, though, after setting up isa_slot_offset.

It looks like you have access to some PCI bus analyzer? Do you see memory read
and write commands for the correct PCI bus addresses (e.g. 0xa0000)?

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds