Re: pci config cycles on VRC-5477

>>>Did I miss something, or is this a bug?
>>>
>>Your understanding is correct.  I think this is a bug.
>>
>>Do you actually see the bug happening?  So far it has never hit me, but maybe
>>due to the drivers that are loaded on my configuration.
>>

> (IIRC) When I wrote the Vrc-5074 support, I thought about this as well.
> But then I noticed that this was already done by the upper PCI layer. Is this
> still true?
>
> Gr{oetje,eeting}s,
>
> 						Geert

You're right.  It's not a problem.  The code that disables interrupts right
here in drivers/pci/pci.c:

#define PCI_OP(rw,size,type) \
int pci_##rw##_config_##size (struct pci_dev *dev, int pos, type value) \
{                                                                       \
         int res;                                                        \
         unsigned long flags;                                            \
         if (PCI_##size##_BAD) return PCIBIOS_BAD_REGISTER_NUMBER;       \
         spin_lock_irqsave(&pci_lock, flags);                            \
         res = dev->bus->ops->rw##_##size(dev, pos, value);              \
         spin_unlock_irqrestore(&pci_lock, flags);                       \
         return res;                                                     \
}

I don't know why I missed that...

Thanks for the reply!

Gerald