Re: pthread support in mipsel-linux

H.J.

Thank you for your reply.

> The threads works well with glibc compiled with
> -mips2. But the threads
> in my RedHat 7.1 is broken when compiled with -mips2
> :-(. I have fixed
> it in glibc CVS.

Just to clarify, the glibc rpm in your Redhat 7.1 is
compiled with -mips1 right ? So as it is broken yes ?

So if I REALLY wanted to use pthreads with your redhat
7.1 distribution, could I get away with checking out
the current glibc from CVS, recompiling it and
installing over the rpm glibc ? Or is that too
simplistic, and it will need recompilation of a lot of
other applications ?
If so could you give me an idea of just how big a job
that is ?

Wayne