RE: set_io_port_base()?

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Matthew Dharm wrote:

> But isn't that what all the complicated logic in ioremap() is for?  It
> looks like it checks to see if it can directly address the I/O space
> via kseg1 and if not, set up a translation for it...

Yes, but ioremap does not remap io.. it remamps what linux dubs MMIO
regions. Look at drivers/net/8139too.c and check out the difference from
io and mmio. Linux's io* primitives expect an i386 like 64K IO port space,
which in mips land starts at the virtual address passed into
set_io_port_base().

BTW, the 'eepro100' driver seems to default to MMIO operation so it should
not care about set_io_port_base.. You might want to crank up speedo_debug
and make sure of the mode.

Jason