ANNOUNCE: GT-64240 project

I wanted to publically announce that I'm now working on a port of
Linux to the Momentum Computer Ocelot-G board, which uses a
Gallileo/Marvell GT-64240 host bridge.

I know that there is at least one other person who is/will be working
on a similar board.  Pooling resources will be good, especially since
this chip is a total nightmare.  There was some earlier discussion on
this list about it -- I won't rehash the details now.  Suffice to say,
I have a 16550A-compatible UART, and I'm feeling really lucky about
it. :)

If anyone has anything to contribute/share, please let me know.  Since
there are going to be at least two different boards which use this
chip and have linux support, getting together now will be good -- if
nothing else, it will eliminate the pain of trying to merge lots of
functionally-equivalent code later.

Matthew Dharm

--
Matthew D. Dharm                            Senior Software Designer
Momentum Computer Inc.                      1815 Aston Ave.  Suite 107