Re: Generic DISCONTIGMEM Support on 32bit MIPS

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Phil Thompson wrote:

> The first question is: has anybody already done this? Particularly as,
> once you've identified where the holes are, the code isn't board
> specific.

Is this of any help?

http://kt.zork.net/kernel-traffic/kt20011112_141.html#6

William Irwin [*] announced:

A number of people have expressed a wish to replace the bitmap-based
bootmem allocator with one that tracks ranges explicitly. I have written
such a replacement in order to deal with some of the situations I have
encountered.
[...]

Jason