Re: libtool warning on redhat 7.1 native mipsel compile

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 01:57:05PM +0100, Brian Murphy wrote:
> "H . J . Lu" wrote:
>
> > I should have made myself clearer. I do have X rpms. In fact, my RedHat
> > 7.1 mips port has XFree86 4.1 rpms. I just don't use them on my machine.
> > I simply can't afford to put X on it. My mips box is used to track gcc
> > 3.1, which breaks on Linux/mips almost every week, if not everyday. It
> > takes 2 days for me bootstrap/check gcc 3.1 on that box. I need
> > something simple to reproduce it.
> >
> > H.J.
>
> Is it possible for us to help? We have some machines here (Lasat
> Masquerade Pro)
> which have NEC VR5000 CPU's running at 266 MHz fitted with harddisk and
> running
> a 2.4.17 kernel. We currently have the debian mips distribution
> installed on
> them. Perhaps the scripts you use to build/test gcc could be run on one
> of
> these machines?

If you have some spare mips machines and want to help, you can check
out the gcc main trunk from CVS:

http://gcc.gnu.org/

You can build/check it and send in the test result. It has to be done
continuously since any checkin can break gcc on Linux/mips. You can
also check out glibc from CVS:

http://sources.redhat.com

and build/check it. The failed glibc tests should be sent to the glibc
mailing list.

H.J.