Re: aic7xxx (O2 scsi) DMA coherency

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Alan Cox wrote:

> > 	This tells the aic7xxx to use DMA safe memory for I/O.
>
> That seems totally inappropriate. The unchecked dma option is for
> ancient ISA DMA controllers that didnt do the 16Mb check. If you
> find you need it debug your pci remapper

This is used when scaning for devices (drivers/scsi/scsi_scan.c) . When
this flag is not set, the code uses memory from the stack (unsigned char
scsi_result0[256]; in scan_scsis) instead of kmallocating it DMA safe as
it should on non-coherent systems. Maybe this is the thing to change?

regards,
Vivien Chappelier.