Re: general linux question

You could embed a header into the file itself that is lart of the linker
directive file.  These variables would be available from w/i the
program.  They are kinda like global variables.  The version could then
be tracked thru this file.  You can use things like compile date/time
etc. Each time you recompile the variables would change.

--
Marc Karasek