Re: kmalloc/pci_alloc and skbuff's

> > Currently, my private pci_alloc/free_consistent() routines manage

> FYI, this is not an isolated issue. We deal with a number of
> architectures and we've seen this problem with other arches and system
> controllers as well. A 'generic' solution would be nice and probably
> necessary at some point. 2.5 would be a good place to do it, if only
> someone would volunteer ;-)   [Pete]

Thanks for the reassurance.

Can one include one's own arch/mips/korva/skbuff.c?
But with network.o being a monolithic blob .o instead of a .a,
seems like patching the one file is not feasible.
I tried tweaking $(HEAD) but then stumbled onto this.

How does one package such a work-around?  Include a patch file in
the LSP, which gets automatically run to munge on kernel sources?

Or will linux-mips.sf.net accept a patch for net/core/skbuff.c?

Geoff
--
Geoffrey Espin espin@idiom.com