Re: No bzImage target for MIPS

On Sat, Dec 15, 2001 at 08:14:59PM +1100, Keith Owens wrote:

> target, like elf, srec and bin.  To that end, I looked at moving
> elf2ecoff and addinitrd to an arch independent directory so everybody
> could use those tools, alas both contain mips specific code.  Any idea
> how much work is required to make elf2ecoff and addinitrd into generic
> utilities?  Is it worth the effort or should they stay as mips only?

Last i had a look elf2ecoff and addinitrd were not really nice
recovering from toolchain problems like pages of null between sections
which was a common fault a couple months back. This lead to addinitrd
not beeing able to attach a ramdisk that the kernel would be able to
find it.

BTW: Shouldn't objcopy be able to convert an ELF into an ECOFF ?

Flo
Nine nineth on september the 9th              Welcome to the new billenium

PGP signature