Re: PATCH: Handle Linux/mips (Re: Why is byteorder removed from /proc/cpuinfo?)

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Ralf Baechle wrote:

> Agreed but the basic idea is good.  Also this solution is suitable for
> crosscompilation unlike the /proc/cpuinfo thing and doesn't rely on
> properly installed libraries and headers might possibly of interest for
> building standalone software.

 Hmm, I don't think config.guess is ever used for cross-compilation as the
script's purpose is to guess the host and you need to specify one
explicitly for a cross-compilation to happen.  Anyway it's saner not to
use build system properties to guess host system ones.