Re: Booting from IDE

I guess you're installing as per:

ftp://ftp/pub/linux/mips/installation/redhat7.1/INSTALL

(If not, you might want to upgrade to that version).

YAMON can't read the disk file system, so you have to TFTP the kernel to memory from a remote filesystem, and then run it. The instructions are in the above file under "Booting linux on the target".

The latest version (2.02) of YAMON can read and write blocks from an IDE device (not a filesystem) so you could install a CompactFlash card and use that to store the kernel if you don't want to TFTP each time.

There is also a $start environment variable if you want to auto-boot.

/Dan

--
  Dan Temple, Eng. Mgr.     Tel: +45-44865512
  MIPS Denmark              Fax: +45-44865556