Re: FPU interrupt handler

On Sun, 25 Nov 2001, William Lee Irwin III wrote:

>         EXPORT(dec_intr_fpu)
> dec_intr_fpu:   PANIC("Unimplemented FPU interrupt handler")
>
> I've not encountered this quite yet, but I have an R3K-based
> DecStation up and running, and if I understand this properly,
> R3K delivers FPU exceptions as interrupts. It looks like
> this could take the machine down.

 Nope, R3k DECstations used to use the FPU emulator unconditionally. :-(
This would have never got triggered.  An FPU interrupt-to-exception glue
was non-existent.

> Maciej, I was asked to notify you specifically, but this is
> my only known point of contact. If you could look into this,
> I would be much obliged.

 No need to do anything -- I happened to work on the FPU a bit recently
and I sent a patch here on Friday that adds the glue, enables the FPU and
rips the broken code off.  Ralf has already applied the patch.

 I would *really* appreciate any feedback on DECstation patches I'm
sending here -- for quite some time I have a feeling I'm the last one to
run Linux on a DECstation... :-(

  Maciej