Re: new asm-mips/io.h

On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 12:35:45PM +0900, Atsushi Nemoto wrote:

> A last cleanups for io.h looks bit wrong.  Please apply.

Yes, the byteswapping stuff (CONFIG_SWAP_IO_SPACE) also got lost.

> By the way, I have some boards which require special I/O routines.
> Some of these boards need byteswap on PCI I/O region but noswap on ISA
> region.  And some of these boards do not require byteswap but need
> swap the address ('port' values).  I added following codes to support
> these boards.  Is it worth to apply?

Not as is - the kernel has changed, so your patch wouldn't apply anymore.
Aside of that I don't think we'll have any alternative to do something
along the lines of your patch.  There are for example systems where the
high 8 bits of the I/O or memory address on the ISA bus are supplied in
a separate register of the chipset, not as part of the memory address
itself.  It's really remarkable how much bad taste some hardware designers
have ...

  Ralf