Re: DECStation framebuffer support

I couldn't get it to work either. My problem is that my monitor is
fixed sync to support the PMAGB-B card. It can't do the signal from
the maxinefb. I also tried an option "video=maxinefb:off" so it
wouldn't probe the card that was a no go either.

Unless I get a monitor that supports it, I may _have_ to use a serial
console ...

>I didn't succeed in getting that to work, my advise would to try it
first
>with the on-board video.
>
>> BTW, thanks for responding, none of this documented anywhere.
>
>Oh yes it is, do a grep maxinefb on the 1999 mail archive available
from
>http://home.zonnet.berg56/ and you see it was discussed in june...

Hmm.. you're right! I only searched back to the Jan2000 archives but
now I realise that fb support has been around since 1999, my bad.

Cheers,
Guo-Rong