Re: [Linux-mips-kernel]PATCH

On 19 Oct 2001 11:13:49 -0700,
Pete Popov <ppopov@mvista.com> wrote:
>On Fri, 2001-10-19 at 10:27, Geoffrey Espin wrote:
>> I see that PPC now has some of the silly utils where $(shell
>> objdump ...) in the Makefile would be a lot tighter.
>
>Are you talking about the utils in boot/utils?  I suppose you can get
>rid of those and put everything in the makefile, but I'm not sure it
>would be cleaner.

FWIW, the entire kernel build system is being redesigned from scratch
for 2.5.  In particular all the boot loader stuff is being cleaned up
and standardized across architectures (as much as possible).

http://sourceforge.net/projects/kbuild

Keith Owens, kbuild maintainer (who will soon be bugging this list to
test MIPS specific kbuild 2.5 changes).