Re: [Linux-mips-kernel]PATCH

On Tue, 2001-10-16 at 11:50, Geoffrey Espin wrote:
> Pete,
>
> > I've attached a patch which adds zImage support for the Alchemy pb1000 board.
> > The image is burned in flash and yamon can be used to just jump to that location
> > Feedback would be appreciated, including whether or not arch/mips/zboot is the
> > most appropriate place to put the zImage support.
>
> It ain't a pretty patch.  I do want to do this for the Korva-Markham
> board... either arch/arm/boot/compressed or arch/ppc/boot scheme
> would be nice to follow.

I ported the code from arch/ppc/boot, so if you like that scheme, what
is it that you don't like about the patch I sent?  The directory
structure is the same as arch/ppc/boot, and the generic code is the same
as well.

> I think arch/ppc/boot/mbx/Makefile does
> some of the magic offset stuff you need with quick `sh ` scripts
> and also includes piggyback initrd stuff!

I picked arch/ppc/boot/sandpoint, which does the offset stuff with
standard compiler tools, like objdump.  The initrd stuff can be added
easily.

Pete