Re: Freeing global memory used only by __init functions

Thanks for the reply.  Sorry I didn't find the __initdata
attribute.  Is this stuff worth patching?

I'd make the following changes as a start:

in arch/mips/mips-boards/generic/printf.c:
Add __init to putPromChar
Add __init to getPromChar
Add __initdata to buf  (1k buffer)

in arch/mips/mips-boards/generic/cmdline.c:
Add __initdata to arcs_cmdline

Can someone point to a set of rules for submitting patches
for linux-mips?  I'm familiar with the methods used for the
kernel.  Is this the same?  I'm using 2.4.3 from the mips site.
Can I patch against that, or do I have to start from a
certain cvs version?

Thanks!

Gerald