Re: Upgrade kernel from release 2.2 to 2.4.?

Hua Wen wrote:

> Thank you very much, Jun.
>
> One more thing -- we've made quite some changes in
> 2.2.1 so I wonder what would be the best way to
> upgrade. I'm thinking:
>
> 1> check out new kernel, use "merge directories"
> function from emacs, or
>
> 2> use "cvs import" to import the new kernel to
> our local cvs repository, then merge with our
> local changes by "cvs update/co -j"..
>
> Any comments/suggestions?

Hmm, there is so much difference between 2.2.x and 2.4.x. I would think any
merging effort would be a nightmare.  Let alone later debugging effort.

The best thing is probably to extract what you *have* changed, and apply those
changes back to the current tree.

Jun