Re: Benchmark performance

Atsushi Nemoto wrote:

> wgowcher> a 23 % reduction in the Floating Point Index benchmark
>
> Current CVS kernel uses FPU emulator unconditionally.  If one floating
> point intruction causes a 'Unimplemented' exception (denormalized
> result, etc.) following floating point instructions are also handle by
> FPU emulator (not only the instruction which raise the exception).

You got a point here, no need to emulate following floating point instructions, if one got
a real FPU.
But I think the check in the FP emulator should be a check if we got a real FPU, instead of
a counter.
We already has a flag for that in mips_cpu.options.
The check could be something like:

    if (mips_cpu.options & MIPS_CPU_FPU)
        break;

--
_    _ ____  ___   Carsten Langgaard   Mailto:carstenl@mips.com
|\  /|||___)(___   MIPS Denmark        Direct: +45 4486 5527
| \/ |||    ____)  Lautrupvang 4B      Switch: +45 4486 5555
  TECHNOLOGIES     2750 Ballerup       Fax...: +45 4486 5556
                   Denmark             http://www.mips.com