Re: Problem with PMAD-AA / DECStation 5000/200

On Thu, 2001-08-09 17:51:31 +0200, Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
wrote in message <20010809175131.D30160@paradigm.rfc822.org>:
> On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 05:35:42PM +0200, Armin F. Gnosa wrote:
> > I'm owning a DECStation mentioned in the subject. It has
> > only one flaw: The Firmware-EPROM of the on-board PMAD-AA
> > Ethernet adapter has become amnesic. So is there anyone who
> > can read out his EPROM and send me an image so that I can
> > finally boot Linux from the net? The version was 5.3a
>
> If anyone can read out different proms i would happy to put them
> somewhere on the net.  I guess the Dec/Compaq whoever guys who might
> own the copyright dont bother after at least 10-15 years. There are
> proms who are not able to boot from the net which could be solved just
> by burning a new eprom.

I volunteer to provide all PROMs I can find @home. However, someone
has to read them as I don't have an EPROM burner:-(

Btw... Is it possible to make some machines tftp boot (instead of
crappy/nonfunctional MOP booting?)

MfG, JBG