Re: HELP can't boot

> tftp/nfs-root boot ? The prom is enough.

When I type "boot bootp():/tftpboot/kernel-hardhat" at the PROM command
monitor, I get an error that it can't find Sash (the Irix [6.2]
bootloader).  Sash appears to be necessary to do a netboot.

> Hardhat is VERY old and you will get really in trouble to get any
> current software integrated into the distribution.

HardHat will a sufficient base to build a new system on (i.e. LFS) from
scratch.  LFS is a program where you simply build a complete Linux system
from source (current sources, including libraries and *everything*).
However you need some kind of basic system to start with, and HardHat will
do the trick (if I can get it to boot).

--
Ian Cooper
ian@wpi.edu