Re: Qube2 gcc 2.7.2 compiler error (fwd)

On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 12:13:29PM +0000, John Heil wrote:

> > gcc 2.7.2 creates a duplicate label for each function label.  That is no
> > problem as both always have the same value.  But I assume you're talking
>
> This is exactly the problem. The fact that the values are the same is
> causing the assembler interface to GCC to fail. When gcc -S outputs a
> .s assembler file, the GNU as assembler errors out on 'duplicate label'.

Since when that?  Gas used to accept that for just more than half a decade.
You seem to be using some non-standard gas version?

> I'm happy to upgrade...
>
> What is the recommended level for kernel compiles and where can I find it.
> I am required to work on 2.0.34C53_SK using Qube2 for my build platform
> so I need compatibility. If I could cross compile on x86 that would be
> cool too.

You may want to try H.J. Lu's latest tools from oss.  I should mention that
nobody is testing on such old systems any more and I suspect some minor
changes may be required to get these tools to work in such an environment.

  Ralf