Remote debug Malta

Hi all

As I have mentioned previously on this list, I'm writing
a small mips64 microkernel for the malta board. The malta
has a remote gdb interface in YAMON, but I have not succeeded
in remote debugging my kernel yet. Is there a recommended
gdb version that I should use to debug mips64 code?

I have got it as far as downloading the kernel and jumping to the
kernel entry, but from there I'm only able to execute the
program, but not single step or anything else.

Thanks
-- Lars Munch