Re: Re:/sbin/init problem in HH2.0 distro

> 2001-07-30 16:17:00£º
> >Well, if you can run "passwd", can you run "nm"
> >or some other utility to see if libc.so.6 does
> >in fact define the symbol _sec0?
>
> Yes,I can. And there is no such symbol,so I suspect the disk drive first

It's always possible that there's something wrong with
your disk or your driver, but the fact that you're able
to run other commands fairly reliably makes me suspect
that your problem is elsewhere.  Since nm works, you
should likewise be able to verify that there's a reference
to _sec0 in the image of /sbin/init. If there isn't,
something subtle and nasty is wrong.  If there is, maybe
you've simply got an /sbin/init image that was built against
a different version of libc.so.6 than the one on your disk.
I'm actually a little suprised that /sbin/init isn't static.

            Kevin K.