Re: ll/sc emulation patch

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, Ralf Baechle wrote:

> This behaviour of objdump sucks rocks anyway.  There are MIPS I CPUs which
> have ll but no branch likely and many other MIPS ISA perversions.  Objdump
> also will only hexdump anything that hasn't been marked as code with
> .type.  Seems objdump's behaviour was choosen to be the most annoying
> possible.

 Well, actually I disagree.  I like this very much, since looking at the
output it's immediately obvious if some code contains opcodes
unrecognizable by a selected CPU (due to a bad compiler option or an
inline asm error).  And you can always select a desired CPU type with the
"-m mips:<model>" option (e.g. "-m mips:3000").  If there are MIPS I CPUs
which have have ll but no branch likely, etc. then their descriptions
should be appropriately set in objdump.  Otherwise, it's a bug in
binutils.