Re: Updates on RedHat 7.1/mips

"H . J . Lu" wrote:

> > > Those rpms have to be installed in the right order. I have a set up
> > > to do that. I will see what I can do.
> >
> > Thanks, please do.
>
> They are in install.tar.bz2 now.

Thanks a lot, that look like something we have been needing for a long time

> > Another thing, I can see your distribution is lacking kernel header
> > files, I guess they are needed to do a native compile of the source RPMs.
>
> I added gdb and kernel-headers. I also updated gcc, glibc and binutils.
> The toolchain rpms are updated.

Now that I'm at it :-)
Could you add a Perl rpm to you distribution, this also seems to be needed to
build the RPMs natively.

I also would like to do a cross build, but how do I do that ?
Do I have to change all the spec files, to set the target arch to MIPS, or is
there a easier and better way to do that ?
I guess if I just install the SRPMs and the cross toolchain, and try to build
out of that I will simply build for the build platform, which is i386.