Re: linux 2.4.5: sysmips(MIPS_ATOMIC_SET) is broken (yep, again...)

On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, Jun Sun wrote:

> That was the conclusion, but did not make to the CVS tree, probably due to
> Ralf's unwillingness to take a overhead for "flawed" CPUs.

 What overhead?  The code is conditional at the preprocessor level.

> In my last patch for Vr41xx, I have a patch for this.  Basically, I will send
> a SIGSYS if the return value is a small negative.  This will practically
> satify all the need while keep the change minimum.  The small modification to
> the semantic is not too bad at all if you consider the original syscall
> semantic is already badly broken.

 The default action for SIGSYS is to abort with a core dump, so it seems
fine here -- I don't object.  It allows us to use the normal return path,
instead of that crude jump hack, too.

 Not that I particularly care about sysmips(MIPS_ATOMIC_SET) anymore...

  Maciej