Re: New toolchain for Linux/mips

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 12:37:27PM +0200, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
>
> > >  Make sure your kernel is flushing the icache right.
> >
> > Hmm, thanks, I'll check.  I don't think that's it, though.
>
>  This happened to me once.  Otherwise, it looks like gdb doesn't recognize
> a breakpoint for some reason -- possibly it places it at a wrong address.
> It shouldn't be difficult to debug -- you get information of the address
> the trap happened.

Wouldn't you hope?  No such luck.

Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
[Switching to Thread 1024 (LWP 89)]
0x00000000 in ?? ()

I blame the threads handling, which I'm only about half through
debugging.

> > Nope.  It's based mostly on the same 4.17 patch from David Miller, and
> > some bits from Ralf, all marked as assigned to the FSF (though I'm not
> > sure if that ever actually happened); I'll straighten out copyright
> > once I've got the whole thing done.
>
>  You need to contact David, then.

Yep, I'm going to do that.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz                           Debian GNU/Linux Developer
Monta Vista Software                              Debian Security Team