Re: New toolchain for Linux/mips

On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, H . J . Lu wrote:

> See my post on the binutils mailing list. I have reason to believe
> that it also misassembles the mips kernel with certain configuration.

 I've seen them.  Unfortunately I'm far from being a BFD expert, so it's
not immediately obvious to me whether your fixes are fine or not.  And I
can't dig into BFD at the moment.  Just make sure your changes adhere to
the ELF ABI, both the generic part and the MIPS supplement.

 Also note I can only run-time test MIPS I, so if there is something wrong
with higher ISAs, I wouldn't even notice unless I happen to study a
dissassembly of affected code.

 The kernel crashes for me weirdly from time to time, indeed.  I have a
reproducible test case as well.  I don't speak up on details, though, as I
now have outdated binutils as well as the kernel I'm running is still
2.4.0-test12.  Any conclusions will be sent to the list once collected and
if relevant to current versions, of course.