New toolchain for Linux/mips

I have a new toolchain for Linux/mips, which consists of gcc 2.96 and
glibc 2.2 from RedHat 7.1 as well as my current binutils. I have used
it to compile RedHat 7.1 to Linux/mipsel. I have built all RedHat 7.1
rpms necessary, except for X related, to boot up RedHat 7.1 on
Linux/mipsel:

# telnet xxxx
Escape character is '^]'.

Red Hat Linux release 7.1 (Seawolf)
Kernel 2.4.3 on a mips
login:

My toolchain should be as capable as the x86 version in RedHat 7.1.
But I do have 2 issues:

1. I got quite a few C++ exception execution failures from "make check"
in gcc 2.96. But I got more C++ exception execution failures on
IRIX 6.5. I guess the bugs are in gcc and/or binutils.
2. gdb in RedHat 7.1 has yet to be ported to mips. Without a working
gdb, it is very hard to fix 1.

I'd like to fold back my mips changes to gcc, glibc and binutils.
Before I submit my changes, I'd like to get them checked out by the
Linux/mips experts and users, especially on big endian mips. It will
also be nice to have a working gdb and reliable C++ exception.

Is there anyone interested in my new mips toolchain? Is there anyone
interested in fixing gdb and C++ exception?

H.J.