Re: MIPS_ATOMIC_SET again (Re: newest kernel

On Tue, 29 May 2001, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> >  Then an ll/sc and lld/scd emulation seems to be most appropriate here.  I
> > don't think we want to add _test_and_set() to mips64*-linux.
>
> Do you want to run a 64-bit kernel on a Vr41xx? Most of these are used in
> embedded systems, where the amount of RAM is a few orders of magnitude smaller
> than the 32-bit RAM limit.

 I have no preference on a Vr41xx, at least as long as I don't have one.
You need an ll/sc emulation for it anyway, as you don't want to run ISA I
binaries on it, I suppose.

 I wonder why ll/sc was skipped from it -- its hardware implementation is
quite simple...