Re: MIPS_ATOMIC_SET again (Re: newest kernel

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 08:54:12PM +0200, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> My favourit would be to let the glibc on runtime decide whether
> to use sysmips or ll/sc in the atomic test_and_set stuff. This would
> lead to an common atom op in the userspace which is fast on ll/sc
> cpus and gives much lesser performance penaltys in the sysmips case
> than emulating ll/sc.

But again - I tried to run this discussion again and again - As long
as there is no code to use there is no point in taking a discussion.
I needed a working sysmips for debian as we compile the glibc with
sysmips (performance penalty but for now works everywhere) thus
i fixed the sysmips.

Let the code speak

Flo