Re: Binary compatibility break understood ?

Ralf Baechle wrote:

> It's only modutils which for correct functionality depends on the trad-
> format, so I don't see any real reason for raising version requirements
> for libc.

I can see your point...but...if we are trying fix the MIPS/Linux target
from this point forward we should at least make people aware of what
is going on. I propose spitting out a warning message when 'configure'
is ran that if an older version of binutils/ld is found, then we warn
the user that they may be unable to correctly use Linux kernel features
or something like that. Comments?

-Steve

--
 Steven J. Hill - Embedded SW Engineer