Dynamic linker and .interp section

Hello,

My question may be a bit off-topic for this list, but still I consider
the list as a place that may answer me.

I am trying to create a cross-compile environement for linux system that
will use some specific dynamic linker. To do so I specify
-Wl,--dynamic-linker flag to gcc. However doing this I face several
problems:

- the place for the linker during the compilation must match the place
at the target system (if I pass -Wl,--dynamic-linker /xxx/yyy/ld.so then
for the executable kernel looks for /xxx/yyy/ld.so in order to execute
it. Instead I would like to use simply /lib/ld.so

- If I pass -Wl,--dynamic-linker /lib/ld.so, then the /lib/ld.so must
exist during the compilation and match the chosen system's architecture.
I don't want to create this file (/lib/ld.so) on my compilation machine,
as there are many architectures that get compiled there and I cannot use
the same ld.so for all of them.

- I saw that in gcc's spec file there is a mention of dynamic linker,
for example, this one is for PPC %:{!dynamic-linker:-dynamic-linker
/lib/ld.so.1}
This one is interesting because there is no /lib/ld.so.1 on my machine,
and it resides under /usr/local/powerpc-linux/lib. Still compiler seems
to ignore the fact that it is missing from /lib and creates the
corresponding .interp section and PT_INTERP header.

So my question sounds like: can I specify a non-existing linker and tell
ld to ignore missing file?

Thanks in advance for any response, no matter how insulting it may be :-)

--
Sincerely yours,
Michael Shmulevich