Re: your mail

On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 05:29:54PM -0700, jsc6233@ritvax.isc.rit.edu wrote:

> hello,
> Yeah i am trying to compile it while running Irix 6.5. Once i get it all
> working I was going to boot into it. Does that make sense?
> james

<g>No offense, but not really.  Actually, you'll probably need to start
off by setting up the x86-mips cross compilers on an x86 linux machine of
yours and booting the kernel via tftp over the network to get started.  I
think most of this is covered in the FAQ on the site.  Anyway, I don't
think it's _ever_ been supported to compile up the kernel in IRIX anyway,
so your kind of out of luck for that.  On a side note, you probably want
to stop by freeware.sgi.com and upgrade your gcc from 2.7 to the latest
(2.95.3 I think).  Might even try downloading some pre3.0 stuff and try
that out.  Back to topic:  Read EVERYTHING you can on the linux-mips sgi
site before asking a question here;  if you don't, that's a very good way
to get kindly (and a lot of times unkindly) pointed to the FAQ.  Hope this
helps.

--
Matthew Fredrickson AIM MatthewFredricks
ICQ 13923212 matt@NOSPAMfredricknet.net

PGP signature