Re: Binutils fixed to deal with 'insmod' issue and discussion...

Ralf Baechle wrote:

> IRIX ELF orders the symbol table of object files in a way that violates
> the ABI.  Worse, these IRIX specialities are not documented anywhere.
>
> Changing to ABI ELF only makes them look as they're supposed to ...

Thanks for backing me up. Also, after discussion with Ralf on IRC,
the decision has been made to except the patch as the fix. There will
not be an additional target 'irix[little|big]mips' added. Linux and
SVR4 will utilize 'trad[little|big]mips' and IRIX and other targets
will use '[little|big]mips'. Also, when building for Linux targets,
the 'elf[32|64]_[little|big]mips' targets (IRIX) will not be built as
emulation targets.

-Steve

--
 Steven J. Hill - Embedded SW Engineer