Re: rpm crashing on RH 7.0 indy

On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 04:47:26PM +0100, David Jez wrote:

> > This is a static rpm binary, so I don't understand why it tries
> > do dynaload anything at all...
>   Hi,
>
> Ooops, i think: haven't you got broken rpm? Have you downloaded the rpm
> complete? Try checksum or md5.

That's not the problem.  The problem is that static binaries which use
libdl used to be (and perhaps still are) broken.  The reason it's
using libdl is that the nss libraries are never truly static, unless
you compile glibc with a special non-recommended option.  I have
indications that this may be fixed in glibc 2.2.2 using my current
toolchain, but my information is not complete.

--
Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org> http://foobazco.org/~wesolows
------(( Project Foobazco Coordinator and Network Administrator ))------