Re: DECstation Hardware

Ian Chilton wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My MIPS boxes are SGI Big Endian machines, but I have been offered some
> DECstation hardware for FREE, excpet for shipping costs.
>
> I was wondering if someone working on the DECStation ports could tell
> me what these are like, if they will run Linux yet, and if they are
> worth shipping. I know nothing about this hardware, so as much info as
> possible would be good :)
>
> 3 x Personal DEC station 5000/25
> 1 x Digital VAX station 4000 - 60
> 1 x DEC station 3100
> 2 x DEC station 2100

Maybe this helps:

From: http://decstation.unix-ag.org/status/

   System support status:
   System                                    Ethernet SCSI serial console TurboChannel keyboard/mouse
   DECstation 2100/3100                      yes      ?    yes            n/a          no
   Personal DECstation 5000/xx (20,25,33,50) yes      yes  yes            yes          yes
   DECstation 5000/1xx (120,125,133,150)     yes      yes  yes            yes          no
   DECstation 5000/200                       yes      yes  yes            yes          no
   DECstation 5000/240,/260                  yes      yes  yes            yes          no
   DECstation 5100                           ?        ?    ?              ?            ?

> 4 x DEC Storage Expansion (Disk)

These are just hard disk cases of 19" width for two 5 1/4" full height
disks.  Stacking them gives nice towers. :)

Regards,

	Joey

--
It's time to close the windows.