Re: NFS root with cache on

jsun@hermes.mvista.com wrote:

>> I have tried that in this case but it didn't help,
>> because the receive skb data pointers all point to
>> the KSEG0 view of the data anyway.
>

> I looked into similar problems a while back.  If I remeber correctly, the data
> pointers do point to kseg0.  It is up to the driver to do appropriate
> dma_cache_invalidate() (or some functions to that effect) at certain places.

Yes, the tulip driver calls pci_unmap_single() on the receive
buffer, but for mips (in asm-mips/pci.h) this call does
nothing.  And this is what is so confusing.  Only if the
receive buffer was forced to be in KSEG1 would this make
sense.

> What is the CPU?  It seems logical to suspect about the dma cache routines.

Yes, I have scrubbed over my patch to the cache routines
many times, especially since on the IDT 334 the cache-way
selection for indexed cache ops is weird--they left the
way-bit up at bit 12 as if it were an 8KB cache, when
in reality it is only a 2KB cache.

Quinn