OGL for Indy

I've recently purchased 2 Indy boxes and wanted to use Linux on them to act
as a graphics workstation.  However, it seems SGI has not provided us with
the 3d acc. driver they must have (IRIX driver) so as to allow us to create
one for XFree86.  This means I may have to buy IRIX, though I would much
rather use Linux.  Why has SGI not provided the necessary specs/code for 3d
(open GL in this case?) acceleration?

Brandon