Re: 2.4.0 Kernel - Summary

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Florian Lohoff wrote:

> Its probably a problem with console and tty output getting mixed.
> Definitly a bigger issue as one should merge driver/sbus/zs.c and
> driver/sgi/char/sgiserial.c to one driver. (And probably even
> the Decstation one)

 It's actually deep on my to do list.  We also miss zs DMA support on
DECstation (no idea if it's possible on other platforms) for decent
synchronous support.  DEC claims /240 can do up to 208kbps synchronous --
I wonder if we can achieve this one day.  HDLC support might be
problematic, though, as there is a Z8530 erratum that supposedly turns
this unreliable.