Re: FAQ/

On Sun, Dec 17, 2000 at 03:34:38AM +0100, Ralf Baechle wrote:
> > Hm I am still working on the boot floppies for debian, when I have the time.
> > for mipsel they should work, but I only build them for mips.
> > the problem on mips was the sgi disklabel, but that isnt used on dec.
>
> But SGI's don't have floppies :-)

The package is only called "boot-floppies" - It doesnt have much in common
with "floppy" images on architectures not having floppy drives. It more
or less the debian installer source package. They for example
build kernel/ramdisk images with the installer for architectures
capable of bootp/tftp like Sun SPARC. We will do similar for
Decstations and SGI and forget the "real" disk images. The problem is
that most of the software is more or less custom debian and will require
some work concerning SGI Disklabel, Kernel 2.4 etc - Henning has done
a lot in there and hopefully Decstations are much simpler (DOS Disklabel)

But still - The biggest problems are glibc, gcc + binutils.

Flo