memory hog

I have an SGI INDY r4600 133 with 64 megs of ram and a 1 gig drive. I have
simple linux and the 2.4test9 kernel running on it. Thank you for the advice
on getting it booting from the hard drive btw Guido!
   Here is my dilema. It has nothing running other than standard services
ie. login, networking. No web server, none of the goodies yet, and I am
consuming 60 out of my 64 megs of available ram. I do not even have X
installed yet. I know 64 megs isnt alot, but it seems to be quite a high
consumption for no services being run. Please let me know if anybody knows
if an SGI handles memory differently, or if I should just get more and quit
whining.

Thanks,

James McDermott