hi,
     I am using the bluecat linux for mips malta, which has linux kernel 2.2.12-1. I am doing cross compiling from x86 linux host.
     I have compiled a small piece of code as a kernal module and tried to add it to the kernel at the target using "insmod" command (this is just for testing, as I am not able to insert my device driver as a kernel module).
     But this is printing some error statement and is failing to add the module. The error statement is something like "kernel: QM_SYMBOLS: unknown error ********" and is giving some error number. I found that the error is from qm_symbols() function in the module.c file and the error returned by that function is -ENOSPC.
     I have worked on x86 linux for a some time and have never faced any problem while working with modules. I am struck at this problem for the past 1 week and I have no idea on how to proceed further. Can somebody please give an advice.

     I am copying the code which I have tried below.....
/*****************************/
#define __KERNEL__
#define MODULE

#include <linux/kernel.h>
#include <linux/module.h>

int init_module(void)
{
  printk("inside init_module\n");
  return 0;
}

void cleanup_module(void)
{
  printk("inside cleanup_module\n");
  return;
}
thanks
vamsi.

-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-mips" in